This current update of Melinda's Homepage was completed on February 14th 2008,
the 14th aniversarry of Melinda's
Changes and information that you might be interested in include:
- This major update to Melinda's Homepage fixes all broken links, most commonly by using new links. We have taken great
care to insure that all links provide the latest up-to-date data so that you can get the information you need in
the shortest possible time span.
We have also streamlined the linkages throughout the homepage, making it easier to navigate. In so doing, we reduced the
number of programs in the system from 60 to 30 without altering any of Melinda's words or thoughts and preserving
the look and feel of the homepage.
- Several pages have been updated (major changes are marked with a green "Updated" flash) and a few new pages that
Melinda was working on have been added to the system.
- A few specially selected versions of some of Melinda's favorite songs have been added to the pages where you might be
expected to spend a little more time. For example, the "Friends" page has a lot of entries and will take a few minutes to
read in total. Thus, the song "Believe" starts playing as soon as you go to that page, and will continue to play until
either you exit from "Friends" or you turn off the music using the music player at the top of the screen. Of course, you
can also turn the volume down on your computer if you don't want to listen to any music at all.
- Some of the pictures have been updated, and new ones have been added to several of the pages.
- You can now leave comments (either public or private) on the guestbook. You can also read the comments and greetings
that other people have left for Melinda, all the way back to 1996 when the page was first published.
- Since Melinda's passing, her Dad has not been well, at one point very nearly passing away himself. He has been
left suffering from several conditions that could turn critical at any time. This in itself makes it a miracle that he has
been able to complete this update of Melinda's page. He attributes the strength he needed for this project to the fact that
Melinda is watching over him, and she wants this homepage to be current so that all CancerKids can benefit from it.
The Next Update
- Periodic maintenance updates for changed links, significant new "Info" sources, etc. will be undertaken on an
unscheduled basis. We will be reading the guestbook on a regular basis, so if you want to send us a message
via Private Post on the guestbook, please feel free to do so.
Return To Melinda's Home Page