Me, Myself And I
Oh where does the time go anyways? 10 years this summer (2005) I picked up my first kite.
9 years ago I picked up my first Rev and I haven't put it down (for the most part) since
then. I've spent so much time flying only Revs that I am now guaranteed to crash your dual
line if you foolishly place it in my hands (Nothing against them of course...) . Some of the
things I have done over the years?
Off and on over the last 7 years, I've gone down to the Washington State International Kite Fest and helped Revolution
teach people how to fly Revs. Its rewarding (well, most of the time) fun, and I highly encourage teaching people
yourself when you can. Usually, you'd be able to catch me flying at Vanier Park, in Vancouver, BC. Or, at some
of the festivals in the Pacific Northwest.
Well see if I can think of all the Revs that I currently own...I'll get pictures too soon
- 2 Rev 1s, an older one and an SLE Sedgewick model. *awesome kites*, my current favorites*
- 3 Rev SLE 1.5s, 1 Vented SLE 1.5
- 1 Rev 1.5, My original one in pink and blue and a matching Vented 1.5
- 1 Rev 1.5, Currently rigged with 2 wrap spars, and without a bridle for indoor flying
- 1 Rev Indoor
- 1 Rev Shockwave
- 1 Super/Power Blast (with a wheeled kitedboard!)
- SOMEWHERE I have a Rev Backtracker but don't tell anyone.
- i also have a few synergy-decas knocking about ;-)
I'm often interested in Revs up for sale, your best bet is to email me with some pictures.
I'm aiming to build a stack of 1s or 1.5s sometime soon...
Besides Rev flying, I spend time in two bands, one of which is now 20 years old, Roots Roundup,
and a newer band, Dubfreque, a pure ska/dub/reggae band.
Ya, ok, fine, I don't manage to compete very often do I? My intent is to fly much of the 2006 season in Experienced, so,
ha, we'll see how that pans out won't we? Keep coming back, with a little luck, I may even add to this page.
- Competition History laughably short!
- 1st Open Quad, Hawaiian Challenge, Jan/1998
- 2nd Experienced Quad Ballet, Steveston Sport Kite Festival, July/2000
- 3rd Experienced Quad Precision, Steveston Sport Kite Festival, July/2000
- 1st Experienced Multiline Precision, Steveston Sport Kite Festival, July/2005
- 2nd Experienced Multiline Ballet, Steveston Sport Kite Festival, July/2005
simian studios 1997 / 2005 ]-